The benchtop CCD-based spark optical emission spectrometer
CCD technology permits cheaper, smaller and more flexible desktop instruments as compared to traditional PMT instruments. It provides the enhanced benefits needed for the determination of all elements in all types of metals, such as iron and steel, aluminum and its alloys, bronze, brass and more. Our company uses this advanced technology in spectrometers, namely the ARL easySpark
ARL™ 3460 Optical Emission Spectrometer
The Thermo Scientific ARL 3460, as a multi-channel optical emission spectrometer, offers fast, accurate metals analysis in a variety of labs. The ARL 3460 is custom designed for meeting your specific requirements whether you are working in a small cast iron foundry or in a large aluminum smelter.
ARL 3460 Feature:
- Stability, precision, low detection limits, and accuracy
- Configured and calibrated in the factory
- Continuous up-grade possibilities
- Easy integration to increase productivity
The single or multi-base workhorse, for cost effective quality control across the metals industry. The Thermo Scientific ARL 3460 metals analyzer is widely regarded as the industry standard for fast, reliable and accurate metals analysis. With the huge number of units installed in Indonesia it simply the best selling optical emission spectrometer model ever sold. Many of them is still operating even for more than 20 years old.
In addition to being the first OES system to be available with Microsoft Windows® software, the ARL 3460 has also pioneered analysis of gases in metals via optical emission. Now, over 300 ARL 3460s are routinely employed analyzing nitrogen in steels and, more recently, oxygen in copper. This development has proved particularly beneficial for cost savings in primary metal production as the substantial capital investment and operating costs of combustion analysis equipment can be avoided.
ARL™ 4460 Optical Emission Spectrometer
Designed to meet all metals analysis requirements form routine use to metals research, the Thermo Scientific ARL 4460 optical emission spectrometer is the solution for ultimate analytical performance in varying laboratory conditions or in hostile environments.
ARL 4460 Feature:
- Ultimate detection limits, reproducibility and accuracy
- Speed, accuracy, stability, reliability
- Widest range of metals analysis
- Capability to identify and count inclusions and to calculate cleanness indexes
The ultimate in performance for spark emission metals analysis to allow rapid, reliable quality control of metals.
The Thermo Scientific ARL 4460 is quite simply the best system for metals analysis produced to date. Two important new capabilities have been added to Thermo Scientific well established spectrometer chassis: The patented Current Controlled Source (CCS), which allows a faster attack on the sample and therefore permits faster analysis times and improved precision of analysis, and the Time Resolved Spectroscopy (TRS) system, which permits clearer differentiation between useful analytical signals and background, therefore allowing better limits of detection to be achieved. Together, these capabilities substantially improve the performance of the OES technique and allow faster analyses (well inside one minute) and improved detection limits for trace analysis.
Even more recently, a new SparkDAT capability has been made available as an option on the ARL 4460. This allows information to be gathered from the individual sparks and permits off-line investigation of “inclusions” in metals.
ARL iSpark 8820
The ARL iSpark 8820 is based on Thermo Scientific famous one-meter PMT spectrometer in Paschen-Runge mounting operated under vacuum. The spectrometer offers optimal resolution and stability and ensures outstanding performance for all the critical elements.
The instrument is equipped with an additional spectrometer using a high performance, scientific grade tri-linear CCD (Charge Coupled Device) detector.
Together the two spectrometers compose a unique dual PMT/CCD optics that significantly increases the analytical capability of the instrument.
Other highly innovative features and technologies characterize further the instrument, among which:
• Advanced PMT and CCD signal acquisition and processing for improved performance and accuracy
• IntelliSource, a digital spark source with increased flexibility and efficiency
• Spark stand with improved design to reduce maintenance and minimize argon consumption during
• ECOmode and super ECOmode allowing significant argon savings when the instrument is idle
• Optimal instrument design increasing the instrument functionality.
ARL iSpark 8860
The ARL iSpark 8860 is based on Thermo Scientific famous one-meter PMT spectrometer in Paschen-Runge mounting operated under vacuum. The spectrometer offers optimal resolution and stability and ensures outstanding performance for all the critical elements.
Highly innovative features and technologies characterize further the instrument, among which:
- Advanced signal acquisition and processing for improved performance and accuracy
- IntelliSource, a digital spark source with increased flexibility and efficiency
- Spark stand with improved design to reduce maintenance and minimize argon consumption during the analysis
- ECOmode and super ECOmode allowing significant argon savings when the instrument is idle
- Optimal instrument design increasing the instrument functionality.
• Revolutionary digital spark generator
• Innovative spark stand design
• Advanced acquisition technologies and processing algorithms for PMT and CCD signals
• Spectral investigation
• Single and multi-matrix configurations
• Smart argon management with argon saving modes
• Most advanced analysis of micro inclusions
• Instrument of choice for metal recycling industries, laboratories or any companies that need high analytical versatility
Optical Emission Spectometry (OES)
Perform rapid elemental analysis of solid metallic samples with optical emission spectrometry using Arc/Spark excitation. This technique meets the most demanding analysis needs of the metals industry from production control to R&D, from incoming material inspection to scrap sorting.
In the Optical Emission Spectroscopy technique, atoms in a sample are excited by energy that comes from a spark formed between sample and electrode.
The energy of the spark causes the electrons in the sample to emit light which is converted into a spectral pattern. By measuring the intensity of the peaks in this spectrum, Thermo OES analysers can produce qualitative and quantitative metal analysis of the material composition with uncompromising accuracy.