- Accepts all SPEX SamplePrep Mixer/Mill Grinding and Mixing Vial Sets.
- Also called a shaker mill or high-energy ball mill.
- Efficient single-clamp laboratory mill commonly referred to as the “SPEX Mill”.
- Equipped with safety interlock system for operator protection.
- Extended Running Time Chip is available for extending timer range to 1,000 or 10,000 minutes.
- For grinding samples in the 0.2 – 10 gram range or mixing up to 60 mL of sample.
- Reduces samples to analytical fineness and can be utilized for mechanical alloying and nanomilling.
- Shock mounted motor enables bench top operation.
- Steel housing protects the clamp mechanism and rugged construction ensures a long life of heavy work.
- The 8010 and 8011 Multi-Vial Adapters permit processing of multiple smaller samples.
- Variable-range electronic timer is factory-set for 100-minute range.
- Wide selection of grinding and mixing vials available including hardened steel, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, alumina ceramic, zirconia ceramic, silicon nitride, agate, polystyrene, methacrylate, polystyrene, and polycarbonate.
High-energy ball mill that accommodates sample sizes ranging from 0.2 – 10 grams. Ideal for grinding dry, brittle samples. Grinding and mixing vials are available in: hardened steel, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, alumina ceramic, zirconia ceramic, silicon nitride, agate, polystyrene, methacrylate, and polycarbonate. CE Approved.
Applications include: Mechanical alloying, slurry grinding, blending powders and mixing emulsions.
Typical samples include: Rocks, Minerals, Sand, Cement, Slag, Ceramics, Catalyst Supports, Glass, Pharmaceuticals, Plant and Animal Tissues, Cannabis, Seeds, Paints and Ink.
|Voltage||115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz|
|Dimensions||21″ L (53cm) x 22″ W (56cm) x 14″ H (36cm)|
|Net Weight (lbs)||77 lbs (35 kg)|
|Gross Weight (lbs)||79 lbs (36 kg)|
|Motor||1/3 hp, 1725 RPM @ 60Hz, 1425 RPM @ 50Hz|
|Power Cord||3-prong grounded plug, 115V 60Hz or CEE 7/7 2-prong Europeanplug, 230V 50Hz|
|Clamp Movement||2 1/3 in (5.9cm) back-and-forth, 1 in (2.5cm) side-to-side|
|Clamp Speed||1060 cycles/minute (115V) or 875 cycles/minute (230V). Alternate pulley supplied with 230V model for 1060 cpm operation.|
|Timer/Controls||100 minute range. Expandable up to 1,000 or 10,000 range.*|